Table Topics - Daylight Savings Time
Daylight savings switch in March/November and major events where everyone has to change their clocks. Here are some questions on this theme:
- When daylight saving change an hour is repeated or vanishes into thin air. I personally would like the hour that I get my salary repeated. Which hour would you like to repeat on daylight savings change?
- Similarly, an hour is lost when daylight switches. I would like to lose and hour of meetings from my calendar. What about you?
- Do you think we should get rid of daylight savings?
- What if we had two suns and 24 hour daylight. Would you enjoy living in such a world?
- Daylight savings mark the beginning of sunnier days - do you prefer the part of the year with extra sunlight or with extra sleep?
- Daylight savings are also marked with the spring cleanup. Can you think of some habits you would like to throw out of your life?
- By the time we reach March, our new year resolutions begin to fade in and we need a booster. Which resolution do you need a boost with?
- Daylight savings are important because we have clocks. Would you like to live in the world where we do not have clocks and the concept of measuring time?
- Instead of losing or gaining hours suppose we could freeze time. What would you like to do if you get infinite time in your life?
- With increase in daylight we definitely lose moonlight. Do you think we should call it moonlight savings when we lose daylight savings in November?
- Many celebrities and successful people are not able to get more than 6 hours of sleep. So daylight doesn't mean much to them. Do you think you sleep too much or too little?
- Suppose humans hibernate for the winters and wake up when the daylight savings hit. What would be the thing you would like to do after 6 months of sleep?
- Imagine a situation when you were to give a speech for 6 minutes and the daylight savings are lost and it becomes a 1 hour 6 minute speech. Would you continue speaking or give up?
- Instead of the daylight suppose you could change the work day say 9 hours in summers and 7 hours in winters. Would you prefer the change?