Tax Season - Table Topics
With the start to 2019, we are here at a new tax season. This year with the prolonged shutdown and constant fears of delays from the IRS, tax season has enjoyed more media attention that usual. And many are rushing for them since we don’t know if the government will shutdown again. So today’s table topics is all about taxes. I will keep the questions simple and hopefully everyone gets to speak.
- What would you do if you get a $10k tax refund?
- If all taxes were in the form of volunteer work, what would you like to work on?
- Do you think there should be taxes?
- If taxes were like tips what would you pay?
- You are the president of US and your first job is to declare to the public that you have to increase everyone’s taxes by 5%. How would you give this news?
- If you had an option to exempt one celebrity from taxes who would you chose and why? You can also chose none.
- If you were given a lifestyle choice which had you had to do more (say 1.5 times what you do right nows) to reduce your tax return which one would you chose - like walking, jogging, sleeping, watching TV, playing games. If you don’t do that your tax doubles.
- If instead of tax deduction at pay time, you had the option to pay all tax at the year end, you could earn interest on the tax money. Would you prefer that?
- If there was an option for having everyone’s tax returns public, would you take it?
- If you could chose which government agency to give your tax money to, what agency would you chose? Eg defence, national park, roads, libraries, USCIS.
- If you were forced to cut down tax money flow to certain government agency which one would you be willing to give up for 1 year.
- If you had all the lobbying power in the world and an option to create tax loopholes, would you create one - if yes which one?
- By as mistake IRS sends someone else’s tax refunds to your account which happen to be $100k and you hear in the news that IRS has made a big mistake and they have no way to recover the money, what would you do?
- If you had an option to pay taxes to your boss, the government, your kids or your spouse, which one would you chose and why?
- Tell us your experience when a gangster comes to you to help file his tax returns.